.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The World Unleashed

The Rantings of an unkown prophet can be found here; where no topic is safe! The resident savant will lead you thru the world as he sees it. Not an easy life, but one that MUST be shared, if the mission to "enlighten" is to reach fruition. Commentaries on religion, Catholicism, politics, abortion, evolution, sports, baseball, mets, yankees, entertainment, TV, american idol etc. can all be found here. enjoy it, hate it, come back often, send me your comments. all are welcome

My Photo
Name:

dont let my 1912 birthday bother you, i was born on feb. 29th so i only have birthdays every 4 years. so im only 26

Google
WWW http://allworldviews.blogspot.com/

Friday, November 25, 2005

Catholicism: the World Inverted

I'm devastated; I just found out the world is flat, the end is near, there is no Santa Claus, the chicken didn't cross the road at all, my entire education, or at least the science part, was a farce. At this point I'm not even sure if I can actually count, read or spell. Maybe my whole life isn't real, doesn't exist at all as I know it. How did I learn of all this? How do I know its true? A friend of mine who is very knowledgeable in the ways of Catholicism told me so, that's how, and if you know anything about those good (?) people, you know they don't lie.
It all started about a year ago when we were discussing the "bread and wine" received at communion. My friend (actually several) told me that its the body and blood of Jesus Christ, and I stated "yeah its a symbolic remembrance of what he suffered for us." Well that was the first time I was told my beliefs were wrong, that the bread and wine were if fact REALLY and TRULY turned into "flesh and blood"! I was depressed. All my life I have been taught that cannibalism was wrong, disgusting. Thank MY God I'm strong minded or I wouldn't have been able to receive communion ever again. Since we're friends, we just left that topic alone from then on.
As friends will do however we discuss EVERYTHING. And sure enough one day that conversation somehow led to the beginning of the world. Yes we're strange, we don't discuss women, sports and the weather like most guys.
Anyway I told my friend that best guesses are that the bible puts its "creation" theory at about 6,000 years ago give or take a millennium, so its obviously just a story meant to kind of ever so briefly (6 days!) explain the creation of the world and NOT meant to be taken literally. After all we know for sure that the world is much older than that, perhaps as much as a billion years old, and dinosaurs lived approximately 65 million years ago. Heck after reading and 'riting and 'rithmatic, that's one of the first thing we are taught. But alas I was told I was wrong yet again. The world IS in fact only 6,000 years old. What about carbon dating, I confidently countered? Not accurate I was told since the rate of "decay" used in the process has varied over the millennia. WHAT? Now I know your pulling my leg. Hardly a month goes by without "science" "dating" something older than 6,000 years. I researched it as I do EVERYTHING I don't believe and lo and behold he was right again! Seems that science admits there are inaccuracies in carbon dating.
Now I'm devastated AND depressed. This calls for a trip to "the couch." Gotta speak to my psychiatrist for sure now. Drugs and alcohol help me get through the days, and prevent the nightmares. When I do venture out into the "unknown"( previously thought to be known), I constantly wonder what I am seeing, because obviously it isn't what I always thought it was,or is it?
If I was a good & faithful Catholic, this wouldn't bother me, for I would not have eaten from the "tree of knowledge." I would just follow blindly and accept that all that I read and see isn't true, isn't really happening around me. No, unless or until its been "cleared" by the Vatican, it just isn't so.

PART II THE REALITY

Carbon dating ISN'T"T 100% accurate, but it is backed up by other methods and these are cross referenced FOR accuracy, and it IS accepted by 99.9% of the population, but hey THEY could ALL be wrong, right? I mean the religious fanatics are never wrong. No, they condemned Galileo and treated him as a pariah when he put forth his theory and in 1633 the Inquisition convicted him of heresy. I suppose "they" still believe that also.
Yes,there is no evolution either, none whatever. That's right we were created a mere 6,000 years ago just as we are now. The only reason we didn't invent computers or clone humans or drive cars back then was ............? Surely we could have if NO evolution took place,not even our minds.

Well they are right about one thing NOT evolving, the church! It still condemns that which makes it feel threatened just as it has for the last 2,000 years.
More another time. I've grown bored now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home