.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The World Unleashed

The Rantings of an unkown prophet can be found here; where no topic is safe! The resident savant will lead you thru the world as he sees it. Not an easy life, but one that MUST be shared, if the mission to "enlighten" is to reach fruition. Commentaries on religion, Catholicism, politics, abortion, evolution, sports, baseball, mets, yankees, entertainment, TV, american idol etc. can all be found here. enjoy it, hate it, come back often, send me your comments. all are welcome

My Photo
Name:

dont let my 1912 birthday bother you, i was born on feb. 29th so i only have birthdays every 4 years. so im only 26

Google
WWW http://allworldviews.blogspot.com/

Friday, November 25, 2005

BLACK FRIDAY 2005

For as long as I can remember I NEVER ventured out to shop on that most infamous of shopping days - BLACK FRIDAY. Been so long I could no longer remember why I didn't go. This year I decided to get my HO, HO, HO, on, get into the spirit of the season as it were, so I hopped on a plane and headed to Walmart in Valley Stream N.Y. I arrived 10 minutes before it opened.The line was several hundred people long. And that didn't count the selfish, ignorant people who didn't wait on line properly, instead proposing to push their way in when the doors opened. Walmart had very good "early bird," "door buster" specials. Indeed! No sooner had they unlocked the doors before the Christmas spirit overtook the masses as they busted down the doors, pushing and shoving, showing unbounded holiday cheer to their neighbors. I was literally shocked & just stood a safe distance away in stunned disbelief. People in the crowd mumbled that this indeed happened EVERY year. I couldn't believe it. Police were there, but they wanted nothing to do with the riot that was taking place and instead, directed vehicle traffic.
Other stores I'm told send staffers out to inquire as to what "specials" the people were waiting for, and issuing tickets for the available "limited supply" items. Upon exhausting their supply of special item tickets, they then proceeded to make continuous announcements that the supply of special items has been exhausted. THAT is proper, That is fair, that is a safe way to operate. Walmart is NONE of these. No, Walmart does as it always does, operate with no regard for anyone but themselves. They routinely "test" an area with a "regular" Walmart and then if successful enough, they abandon that location and build anew nearby. Meanwhile the old abandoned store becomes an eyesore for the community. And what does local government do about this? They cater to practically every whim of Walmart, offering tax incentives galore for the biggest retailer in the country. They and Disney run neck and neck in sucking every last cent and incentive out of a local government

I would propose holding them personally liable for injuries and or crimes committed as a result of their negligence, much the way a criminal can be charged with murder, should his victim die as a result of his actions, even if he never even touched the victim, but the victim merely died from the stress.
Walmart, your under arrest
As for me, instead of finding a few ho,ho, ho's I found myself gasping Oh, OH,OH, and chuckling a few Ha,Ha,Ha's. And I learned the lesson of forgetting, and the true meaning of "Black (and blue) Friday. I will Never go shopping on "Black Friday" again

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home