.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The World Unleashed

The Rantings of an unkown prophet can be found here; where no topic is safe! The resident savant will lead you thru the world as he sees it. Not an easy life, but one that MUST be shared, if the mission to "enlighten" is to reach fruition. Commentaries on religion, Catholicism, politics, abortion, evolution, sports, baseball, mets, yankees, entertainment, TV, american idol etc. can all be found here. enjoy it, hate it, come back often, send me your comments. all are welcome

My Photo
Name:

dont let my 1912 birthday bother you, i was born on feb. 29th so i only have birthdays every 4 years. so im only 26

Google
WWW http://allworldviews.blogspot.com/

Sunday, May 29, 2005

Benedict Pledges to Mend Orthodox Rift

Ok, just read the new pope pledges to unite the catholic and orthodox churches. To me that would call for some give n take, some compromises, etc. I don't see either church admitting it was or is WRONG about ANYTHING, so I'm just wondering what your opinions are? I don't know enough about the orthodox church (yet!) to say much, except that the orthodox church would seem to be much more strict than the catholic church. The catholic church has changed SOME with the times, while also incorporating other "things" to make itself more attractive, such as the "Mary" controversy. Oddly enough, for those who know me, I actually would side with the orthodox church SIMPLY because they haven't tried to "pervert" the word of God; at least for the last 1,000 years. Of course I still have problems with the first thousand years, but that's another story.

Anyway I am still interested in how you think this will play out. Let me know.

Link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home