.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The World Unleashed

The Rantings of an unkown prophet can be found here; where no topic is safe! The resident savant will lead you thru the world as he sees it. Not an easy life, but one that MUST be shared, if the mission to "enlighten" is to reach fruition. Commentaries on religion, Catholicism, politics, abortion, evolution, sports, baseball, mets, yankees, entertainment, TV, american idol etc. can all be found here. enjoy it, hate it, come back often, send me your comments. all are welcome

My Photo
Name:

dont let my 1912 birthday bother you, i was born on feb. 29th so i only have birthdays every 4 years. so im only 26

Google
WWW http://allworldviews.blogspot.com/

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Good Shopping Deal Sites

I know its early still, but SO FAR I am so happy with two recent purchases I made for my computer that I just want to "share". And as a bonus I think I got great deals too and want to recommend "shopping deal" sites.

The first one is the "Logitech LX501 cordless desktop keyboard and mouse". IF I get the promised rebates it will only have cost $20. and I am very happy with it. Cant even begin to explain all it can do because I aint figured it all out yet. Also dont know about batttery life yet - that could be a bummer @ 2 batteries for each device
Next up is a Maxtor (personal storage 3100) 200gb, 7200rpm usb external hard drive. I have since realized that there were more "bells and whistles" I could have gotten, like encryption, password locking and a simple on off switch, but hey I'm still pleased with it. It also could have come with backup software, but maybe I can find a free one somewhere. It does however accept "drag n drop", dont know if thats universal or not. And found it thru those shopping sites again for $100. no rebates needed.
Finally my biggest "coup" of the season, I got a new digital camera (canon a610, 5 megapixel, 4x zoom, and LOTS of bells and whistles, including the ability to buy additional lenses and even an underwater case.)
It rated very well and the only difference between it and the canon a620 is the latter comes with a not necessary 7.1 megapixels. Found that thru shop sites also: Staples $299. minus a $15 off coupon, minus a 12% off coupon. didnt know if they would allow me to "stack" the coupons, but they did. Then when she rung it up it scanned even lower than the expected 299 so all told I got it for like 225 tax included. try to find that price online.

This weeks great deals:
Memorex 512mb Travel Drive for Free + Make $10 After Rebate

HSBC - Online Savings Account with 4.25% APY + $25 Bonus NO minimum

KDS 17" LCD flat panel + 3 Piece Tote + 20" Duffel Roller for $150 Shipped After Rebates

$25. shell gas card free just for test driving a suzuki grand vitara, and filling out a short form

here are my shopping deal links:
http://www.spoofee.com/
http://www.gottadeal.com/
http://www.resellerratings.com/deals.pl
http://www.passwird.com/
http://www.ableshoppers.com/
http://www.dealcatcher.com/

Mind you these sites take some effort on your part, but they did most of the work for you. Also an occasional YMMV may occur. YMMV standing for "Your Mileage May Vary" a general disclaimer term used by auto manufactures meaning if you fail to get the stated mileage - tough, better luck next time. But thats Ok for me because I enjoy the "game"
A final site that is quite unique in both its offerings and its flair for writing is Woot.com a perfect place for a unique product or just a good laugh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home