.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The World Unleashed

The Rantings of an unkown prophet can be found here; where no topic is safe! The resident savant will lead you thru the world as he sees it. Not an easy life, but one that MUST be shared, if the mission to "enlighten" is to reach fruition. Commentaries on religion, Catholicism, politics, abortion, evolution, sports, baseball, mets, yankees, entertainment, TV, american idol etc. can all be found here. enjoy it, hate it, come back often, send me your comments. all are welcome

My Photo
Name:

dont let my 1912 birthday bother you, i was born on feb. 29th so i only have birthdays every 4 years. so im only 26

Google
WWW http://allworldviews.blogspot.com/

Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Save on Printer Ink & Toner

I thought I already used all the tricks, but this is new to me. Is it worth it to you?  Thats for you to decide.  The "tricks" -

you can actually save 31% on your ink cartridge costs just by picking the right font.
 Arial, reigning as the most popular font, was used as the "zero" measurement, against which nine other fonts were tested. The clear winner was Century Gothic
Century Gothic is a modern font that comes standard with MS Windows. Surprisingly, it even beat Ecofont which was specifically designed with efficiency and cost in mind. For those who require a more "traditional" look, Times New Roman provides a good balance between style and savings.   More Details Here

2 Comments:

Blogger MaryInKamloops said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

4/09/2010 1:44 AM  
Blogger MaryInKamloops said...

(a repost was necessary due to operator error...me!)

Great finding, Sir! Thank you for the info. In my noon program on CFCH 103.5 FM (had to do a wee bit of promotion, don't cha know?) I prepare and print a LOT of text. The program is roughly an hour and 1/2 long and it takes a BUNCH of dialog to fill that space. Sure, we play music, but there is all the events in and around our tiny village of Chase (about an hours drive from Kamloops.) I donate my print out and my time, so this will save me money. It also prints out faster than the usual fonts. You can choose to print out in 'Draft' as well. It isn't fancy, but you can read it just fine. If you are printing text that is for only your eyes, or if the quality of text doesn't matter, the choose to print in 'Draft.' You'll save money and it is a trifle 'Greener.' Hey, it all helps!

4/09/2010 1:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home