.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The World Unleashed

The Rantings of an unkown prophet can be found here; where no topic is safe! The resident savant will lead you thru the world as he sees it. Not an easy life, but one that MUST be shared, if the mission to "enlighten" is to reach fruition. Commentaries on religion, Catholicism, politics, abortion, evolution, sports, baseball, mets, yankees, entertainment, TV, american idol etc. can all be found here. enjoy it, hate it, come back often, send me your comments. all are welcome

My Photo
Name:

dont let my 1912 birthday bother you, i was born on feb. 29th so i only have birthdays every 4 years. so im only 26

Google
WWW http://allworldviews.blogspot.com/

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Donohue vs. Monsignor Kavanagh

PRIESTS' MOMENT OF TRUTH ACCUSER TURNS TABLES ON TRIBUNAL
The man who accused the New York Archdiocese's former top fund-raiser of sexual misconduct turned the tables on a three-priest court set to hear him testify yesterday - insisting they first talk to him about sex abuse and the Catholic Church.
"I asked these three men, before I revealed my story and shared my pain, to tell me the first time they knew sexual abuse was a problem and what they had done about that problem" during their careers, Daniel Donohue told reporters after he testified.
"They did it," Donohue, now 42, said. "And it wasn't short, it wasn't sweet and it wasn't sugar-coated. There were tears all around."
He said that one of the three priests serving as judges in the canonical trial was in tears as he talked about "people he knew that had been abused."
"I needed to know about their integrity in a process that I don't think has much integrity," he said.
"I tried for years not to think of this, not to speak of this, but it never goes away," he told reporters. "My poor wife has seen my suffering and my screaming in the night."
Donohue, like his sister, Patricia Donohue, refused to sign a confidentiality oath before they testified.
Patricia Donohue, a theologian, said when she asked what it meant if she didn't sign, "I was told it would be sent to the Holy See and it could affect me personally and there could be papal disciplinary action."
If a picture is worth a thousand words, then i guess this photo of accuser / victim Daniel Donohue says it all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home